The Fanmade Arcade (PRESS KIT)
- Planned for early 2019 on Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store (contact me if you want to play the beta right now)
- Free with optional in-app purchases and rewarded ads
- Phones and tablets running iOS 8.0 or Android 5.0 or later
- Design, code, art, music, and sound by Martin Magni
- email@example.com, @MartinMagni, facebook.com/fancade
Fancade is a mobile app where you can play thousands of games, or make
your own, right on your phone.
"But why?" you may ask. For two reasons. First, players get pure and
simple games, with no infuriating ad interruptions and overcomplicated
menu screens getting in the way of the gameplay. Second, creators get a
powerful game making tool that's always available, especially the next
generation of game devs who grew up with touch screens and may not even
own a PC yet.
- Built-in Games
- The app includes four pre-installed
games made by Martin himself, using Fancade of course! Dinorama (guide a
cute dino through 3D dioramas), Drive Mad (drive silly vehicles over
hazardous terrain), Ditto (control two characters at once for a logic
challenge), and Fixel (piece together pixel art jigsaw puzzles).
- Community Games
- Pretty soon you'll want to browse the
built-in online community with thousands of games made by other
users. Every day there are new games to try, and the best ones appear
under the Featured tag. Play an instant preview for 30 seconds, then
download and continue, even when offline.
- Building Blocks
- Feeling creative? Make your own game
with drag-n-drop building blocks. (It's like those colorful plastic
bricks you played with as a kid, but for games!) If the hundreds of
built-in blocks don't cut it, make your own blocks by adding,
removing, and painting each individual voxel.
- Visual Scripting
- Some built-in blocks also have
behaviors, such as a moving character or a push button. These behaviors
were made with Fancade's visual scripting blocks, which you can also use
to make new behaviors, or entirely new types of games! It's a full
programming language, so don't expect to learn it all in one day.
- "How is all this not going to ruin me
financially" I ask myself! Well all games cost "Fangold" to
download. You can buy Fangold through in-app purchases, or get it for
free by watching an ad. But most interestingly, if you make a game you
get half the Fangold it earns!
Not yet available! I've posted lots of short videos
on Twitter though, contact
me if you need the original files.