The Fanmade Arcade (PRESS KIT)
- April 30, 2020 on Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store
- Free with ads, or optional in-app purchases to remove ads
- Phones and tablets running iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 or later
- Design, code, art, and sound by Martin Magni. Games by everyone!
- Email, Twitter, Facebook, Discord
Fancade is a mobile app where you can play thousands of games, or make
your own, right on your phone.
It's the fanmade arcade. It's the game of games. It's the mobile game
engine, a powerful game-making tool that's always in your pocket, and
a gateway for the next generation of game devs who grow up with touch
screens instead of PCs.
- Start with the Quest. You guide Odd, a cute
little robot that fell out of its own game, and into a tiny island
world. Complete challenges in a wide variety of mini-games to earn stars
to repair bridges and unlock more worlds. At the time of writing there
are 40 worlds with over 50 games and 1,000 challenges, and more are
- Pretty soon you'll want to browse the built-in
online community with thousands more games made by our highly creative
users. Every day there are new games to try, the most liked ones make it
into the Popular section, and a few select ones appear in the Featured
- Feeling creative? Make your own games using
drag-n-drop building blocks. Remember those colorful plastic bricks you
played with as a kid? It's like that but for building games! If the
hundreds of prefab blocks don't cut it, make your own blocks by
adding, removing, and painting each individual voxel.
- Some blocks also have behaviors, such as a
moving character or a push-button. These behaviors were also made with
Fancade, by connecting wires between script blocks. And you can use the
same method to make new behaviors, or entirely new types of games! It's
full-on visual scripting, so don't expect to learn it all in one
That's what exists today. But the possibilities are endless,
and my todo list stretches to the moon and back. Stay tuned.