A fancade event that happens every 1 or 2 months, it is hosted in the Fancade Discord Server by one of our Fanmods, Sounak9434 (Sounak for short). All things about FanJam is Announced in the #fanjam channel.
Sounak announces an upcoming FanJam Including the set of rules about a week prior to the event.
FanJam consist of 3 phases:
- 1.) Development Phase (3 days)
- 2.) Voting Phase (3 days)
- 3.) Announcing of Winners (End)
During the start of the event, the 1st Phase, a selected theme is Announced. After then all the participants can finally start to build their own games depending on their depiction of the theme. This Phase Last for 3 days, until then player can still continue to build, add new features and publish/update their games as a valid submission.
To submit your game during a FanJam event you must share your game in the Fancade Discord #games channel with the tags:
- fanjam #kit - for games made from game kits
- fanjam #full - for games made from scratch (using custom scripts from other people's projects is still allowed)
After its time period then a 1 day delay is placed, at the immediate end and during this delay, Sounak will anounce an Instructions for late submissions on how to gain consideration permission for their submissions. - Asking for permission can only be done for 30 mins. after the immediate end.
After this 2nd Phase will start, during this time all people in discord all the submission will be posted with their direct link, people can also then play, test play, look all they want in the submissions before voting or even if they're not voting.
- To vote and see the details of how to vote use
.votecommand in (DM)Direct Message to Fanbot.
This marks the flag of the end of the current FanJam. The long awaited (ofc) by all participants, and that is … to see their names in the boards. FanJam has 4 categories with each having different set of winners; Overall, Kits, Art, Innovation.
- Overall - only those with tag #full in their game can participate
- Kits - only those with tag #kit in their game can participate
- Art - Best Arts in people's eyes, everyone can participate here
- Innovation - The most Innovative in people's oppinion, everyone can participate here
*Note: also each category only displays the top 3 winners.
Additionally, Participants who got in top 3 of any of this categories will get a free premium depending on their position in top 3, winning multiple categories only gives you a the reward you won with the highest prize. (And also can you believe it a Fanjam role just literally for bragging rights,
This is more like a quick summary of Mechanics.
- Only one submission is allowed per user.
- You are free to use Custom Script/Pre-built Assets but the vast majority of the code must be prepared within the designated 72 hours.
- Feel free to depict the theme any way you like. It is advised to mention how you depict the theme in the in-app description of your game (not mandatory).
- Once you have your game ready for submission, you can do so by sharing a link to the game on #games.
- Games made from scratch needs to have #full in the submission message.
- Games made using kits needs to have #kits in the submission message.
- You can update your submission as many times as you want before the end of the submission phase. Once submission phase ends updating will result in immediate disqualification.
Submitted games will be judged in 4 different categories, each with different prizes.
- A. Best Overall - 90 Days of Fancade Premium.
- B. Best Kits - 60 Days of Fancade Premium.
- C. Best Art - 45 Days of Fancade Premium.
- D. Most Innovative - 45 Days of Fancade Premium.
- Alongside these, 2nd Place winner of every category will get 15 Days Premium and 3rd Place winner of every category will get 7 Days Premium as a prize.
- Games made from scratch aren't eligible for Category B and games made using kits aren't eligible for Category A.
- Prizes aren't additive. If one submission is eligible for more than one prize, the one with highest value will be awarded.
- Winner of each category will be given a FanJam Discord Role!
*Now that you know all about Fanjam, do you think your ready for next Fanjam? see ya there and hopefully you can win!!
- Event Period: 3/4/2020 - 3/12/2020
- Theme: You Only Get One
- Event Period: 4/1/2020 - 4/10/2020
- Theme: The More, The Worse
- Event Period: 5/4/2020 - 5/14/2020
- Theme: Control More than One
- Event Period: 6/9/2020 - 6/18/2020
- Theme: Control the Environment
- Event Period: 7/31/2020 - 8/14/2020
- Theme: Gap
- Event Period: 10/5/2020 - 10/16/2020
- Theme: Bad is Good
- Event Period: 12/18/2020 - 1/6/2021
- Theme: Christmas Special - Secret Santa Special Mechanics:
- Special phase (6 days): 12/18/2020 - 12/24/2020, every participants should submit a theme of their choice before this phase ends, the submitted theme then will be in the date 12/25/2020 given to another participant randomly and will be their theme for their game.