A Fancade event that happens every 1 to 3 months, it is hosted in the Fancade Discord Server by one of our Fanmods, Sounak9434 (Sounak for short). All things about FanJam is Announced in the #fanjam channel.
Sounak announces an upcoming FanJam Including the set of rules about a week prior to the event.
FanJam consist of 3 phases:
- 1.) Development Phase (3 days)
- 2.) Voting Phase (3 days)
- 3.) Announcing of Winners (End)
During the start of the event, the 1st Phase, a selected theme is Announced. After then all the participants can finally start to build their own games depending on their depiction of the theme. This Phase Last for 3 days, until then player can still continue to build, add new features and publish/update their games as a valid submission.
To submit your game during a FanJam event you must share your game in the Fancade Discord #showcase channel with the tag #fanjam.
After its time period then a 1 day delay is placed, at the immediate end and during this delay, Sounak will anounce an Instructions for late submissions on how to gain consideration permission for their submissions. - Asking for permission can only be done for 30 mins. after the immediate end.
After this 2nd Phase will start, during this time all people in discord can see all the submissions and it will be posted with their direct links, people can also then play, test play or look all they want in the submissions before voting or even if they're not voting.
- To vote and see the details of how to vote use
.votecommand in (DM)Direct Message to Fanbot.
This marks the flag of the end of the current FanJam. The long awaited (ofc) by all participants, and that is … to see their names in the boards. FanJam has 3 categories with each having different set of winners; Overall, Art, and Innovation.
- Overall - The best game overall
- Art - Best Arts in people's eyes
- Innovation - The most Innovative in people's opinion
*Note: only the top 3 winners per each category is displayed.
Additionally, Participants who got in top 3 of the Overall category will get a free reward depending on their position in top 3, and top 1 in the 2 other categories. Winning multiple categories only gives you the reward you won with the highest prize. (And also can you believe it a Fanjam role just literally for bragging rights,
This is more like a quick summary of Mechanics.
- Only one submission is allowed per user.
- Creative depiction of the theme is encouraged, as long as it maintains a crucial role in gameplay.
- You are allowed to use any kind of pre-existing script, music, art, or kits as long as the vast majority of the game is built within the designated time frame. It is mandatory to include a separate credits level if any of the aforementioned assets are used.
- Once your submission is ready, you can use the in-game share feature to share your submission on #showcase.
- Every submission must have #fanjam alongside the shared message.
- You are only allowed to update your submission until the end of the submission phase.
Prizes will be given on three main categories.
- A. Best Overall
1st: Forever ad-free + 1500 gems
2nd: One year ad-free + 1000 gems
3rd: Six months ad-free + 500 gems
- B. Best Art
1st: One year ad-free + 1000 gems
- C. Most Innovative
1st: One year ad-free + 1000 gems
- Alongside these, 1st place winner of every category will be awarded with the @Fanjam role.
- What happened to kits?
Kits will no longer represent a separate category. Every game made using a kit will be eligible for all the categories, similar to a game made from scratch.
- Are prizes additive?
No. In case one submission is eligible for multiple prizes, the prize with the highest value will be awarded, and those with lower values will fall to the next participant.
*Now that you know all about Fanjam, do you think your ready for next Fanjam? see ya there and hopefully you can win!!
- Event Period: 3/3/2020 - 3/11/2020
- Theme: You Only Get One
- Event Period: 4/1/2020 - 4/9/2020
- Theme: The More, The Worse
- Event Period: 5/3/2020 - 5/13/2020
- Theme: Control More than One
- Event Period: 6/9/2020 - 6/17/2020
- Theme: Control the Environment
- Event Period: 7/31/2020 - 8/14/2020
- Theme: Gap
- Event Period: 10/5/2020 - 10/16/2020
- Theme: Bad is Good
- Event Period: 12/18/2020 - 1/6/2021
- Theme: Christmas Special - Secret Santa Special Mechanics:
- Special phase (6 days): 12/18/2020 - 12/24/2020, every participants should submit a theme of their choice before this phase ends, the submitted theme then will be in the date 12/25/2020 given to another participant randomly and will be their theme for their game.
- Event Period: 3/19/2021 - 4/3/2021
- Theme: No Instructions Needed
- Event Period: 7/11/2021 - ?/?/2021
- Theme: Snake Variations